Arriving to Puerto Rico Via SJU
Face coverings are mandatory at airports and ALL public areas.
All visitors arriving in Puerto Rico should:
1. Fill-out the online Travel Declaration Form from the Puerto Rico Health Department.
– Travelers can access the Travel Declaration Form at www.travelsafe.pr.gov or www.viajaseguro.pr.gov.
2. Provide a negative molecular COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours prior to arrival. Thermographic cameras are utilized inside of the airport to monitor temperatures. Anyone exhibiting potential COVID-19 symptoms will get tested at the airport by the Puerto Rico National Guard.
3. Obtain an Airport Exit Confirmation QR Code. Passengers will receive the QR code after uploading their PCR molecular test results to the Puerto Rico Health Department’s online portal.
Below is a video from Discover Puerto Rico explaining the procedure.
If you fail to provide a negative test result, you will be required to quarantine for fourteen days or the duration of the trip until you can provide a negative result from a PCR test conducted within 72 hours.
Getting Around Puerto Rico
• Curfew is in effect throughout the island from 12:00 am – 5:00 am.
• Ride sharing options like Uber mandate face coverings for drivers and passengers, with no front seat passengers permitted.
• Certified transportation providers are required to properly disinfecting vehicles and have hand sanitizer available.
All of the transportation providers utilized by Caribbean Luxury Rentals exceed the disinfection requirements of the island.
Activities in Puerto Rico
• Restaurants are operating at 30% capacity and are required to conspicuously post the number of patrons that constitutes 30% capacity.
• Restaurant dining rooms and alcohol sales are permitted outside of the curfew hours.
• Employees must use face coverings, gloves are also mandatory when serving guests. • Seating is arranged to maintain distancing protocols.
• Buffets, salad bars, and self-serve options, as well as reusable menus, are prohibited at restaurants.
• Public beaches and natural reserves are open, following social distancing guidelines and with the use of masks when not in the water.
• Public alcohol consumption is prohibited.
• Museums are operating at 50% capacity.
• Hotel pool facilities are open at 50% capacity.
• Common areas at hotels close at 12:00 AM in accordance with the Island-wide curfew.
• Marinas are open, following social distancing guidelines.
• Some attractions and tours are open. Visitors should connect with their tour operators directly for additional information about operation status and specific protocols.
• Access to Old San Juan from 12:00 AM- 5:00 AM will be limited to residents and tourists staying in the area.
• Casinos are open at 50% capacity.
• Golf courses, across the Island, are currently open.